The aim of this document is to formalize the Refund policy For Deltawest Holdings Pty Ltd (DWT).
DWT as a Registered Training Organization operating in compliance with the Australian Quality Training Framework (AQTF), is responsible for setting in place quality assurance processes to ensure that refunds of any fees paid in advance of training or assessment services received are consistent with recommendations and guidelines set out within training packages and also meet ASQA specifications.
This policy only applies to individual trainees not registered by their employee for a Deltawest Training course or workshop. The refund policy must be provided as part of course or workshop registration and must be read prior to the completion of any registration form being completed.
Refunds are not to be granted automatically. Trainees are expected to be aware of their work and personnel commitments before they enroll for a course or workshop.
Full refunds maybe made at the CEO discretion where:
- A student cancellation is received in writing at least ten working days prior to the commencement date of the course.
- Deltawest cancels the course or the course is moved to a time or location unsuitable to the trainee.
- The trainee is not given a place due to the course being full and payment has been made in advance.
- A trainee cancellation is received within ten working days prior to the commencement date of the course
- A trainee cancellation is received 48 hours prior to the commencement date of the course.
All refund requests are required to be submitted in writing to the CEO, Deltawest Training Pty Ltd, stating the grounds for refund.
A pro-rata payment of the full payment may be considered after the course has commenced. Where cancellation is due to the unforeseen circumstances such as bereavement, birth, and transfer by employer the decision will be made by the CEO of Deltawest Training Pty Ltd as to the type of or value of payment.
The request for a refund and any pro-rata payment is at the CEO discretion. Supporting documentation may need to be provided in some circumstances. The calculation for the pro-rata payment will be determined by the amount of the qualification left to be completed. This will be calculated by dividing the total cost of the qualification by the amount of units remaining and refunding the balance of the units not participated in.